If you are looking for a powerful and feature-packed NAS solution for your home or small office, the Synology 920+ should definitely be on your radar. This NAS is the successor to the popular 918+ model, and it brings a host of improvements and new features to the table.
Let’s dive in and explore the technical details of the Synology 920+:
- Intel Celeron J4125 quad-core 2.0 GHz processor
- 4 GB DDR4 non-ECC RAM, upgradeable up to 8 GB
- Four drive bays that support 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch SATA hard drives and solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Two M.2 NVMe SSD slots for caching
- Two 1GbE RJ-45 LAN ports, with Link Aggregation / Failover support
- Two USB 3.0 ports and one eSATA port
- Dual-channel H.265/H.264 4K video transcoding
- DiskStation Manager (DSM) 7, a web-based operating system for Synology NAS devices
- Btrfs file system, which supports advanced data protection features like snapshot and replication
- Synology Hybrid RAID (SHR) and RAID 0/1/5/6/10/JBOD disk configurations
- Synology Drive, a powerful file syncing and sharing solution that allows you to access your files from anywhere
- Synology Moments, an AI-powered photo management application that helps you organize and share your photo collection
- Synology Office, a web-based collaborative office suite that includes tools like Spreadsheet and Word Processor
- Integrated Docker support for running containerized applications
- Built-in VPN server (OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP/IPSec), which lets you securely access your NAS remotely
- Snapshot Replication, a data protection feature that allows you to take and manage point-in-time snapshots of your data
The Synology 920+ offers an impressive array of hardware and software features that make it an excellent choice for home or small office use. Its quad-core processor and upgradeable RAM ensure smooth performance, while the dual LAN ports provide high-speed connectivity and failover protection. The two M.2 NVMe SSD slots allow you to use SSD caching for faster data access, while the built-in transcoding engine enables smooth streaming of 4K video content.
With Synology’s DiskStation Manager (DSM) 7 operating system, the 920+ offers a user-friendly and intuitive web-based interface that makes it easy to manage and monitor your NAS. The built-in Synology Drive, Moments, and Office applications provide powerful tools for file sharing, photo management, and collaboration, respectively. Additionally, the support for Docker and the built-in VPN server give you the flexibility to run containerized applications and securely access your NAS remotely.
All in all, the Synology 920+ is a versatile and powerful NAS solution that offers a wide range of features and capabilities. If you are in the market for a high-performance and feature-packed NAS for your home or small office, the Synology 920+ is definitely worth considering.